Established in 1985 as SRM Engineering College, the University is a private university of co-education. The university was awarded in 2002 for its campus maintenance and learning method. It offers graduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in management, engineering, medicine and health science, and humanities. The University has over 38,000 students and more than 2600 teachers. About 80 percent of the students in the university are out of Tamil Nadu and students express their diversity in culture. Each year students come directly join SRM University under management quota.
Affiliations and Authorizations:
- SRM University is accredited by University of Grand Commission [UGC]
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has been recognized with ‘A’ standards
- Authority for Engineering and Technology Board given by ABET
- Ministry of Human Resources Development [MHRD]
- The University has a vast collection of books with different domains in the central library
- The entire library is fully air-conditioned and automated radio frequency identification [RFI]
- They have sports facilities for tennis, basketball, badminton, yoga and horse riding
- A 24/7 pharmacy is set up on campus.
- They have facilities such as ECG, X-ray and laboratory investigations.
SRM Management Quota Admissions
Students who want to learn their skills in top universities in India are allowing management quota at SRM University. These programs are eligible for granting of lesser marks in SRMEE and JEE Mains by granting donations to the SRM Welfare Trustee. The university has art infrastructure and a great Staffs, and everyone should get admissions through SRM University under management quota. The University allows 20% of the total seats for management quota units. The university has a keen interest over their student’s careers and provides them with 100% placement assistance.
Candidates must have Indian national citizenship and should have passed 10 + 2 with 50% marks. They should have at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics [PCM]. Also, Students should have 50% marks on [PCB] if they have taken up Biology / Biotechnology.
Candidates should have passed 10 + 2 from the recognized university or board and have a minimum of 60% marks.
Students should have completed graduation in B.Tech/B.E with a minimum of 50% marks from one of the recognized colleges/universities.
Most undergraduate courses are between 2 and 3.5 lakhs per annum. Additional fees for books also collected from students.
Placement for students admitted under management quota:
Placements are best here. Colleges under SRM University have great place records from the date of establishment and some batches are 100% placed. The average student group here is 4-6 lakhs were get placed in top IT companies. Some of the students manage to offers a bigger company and with very high salary packages.
SRM University has always been a symbol of engineering and medical students. We believe every student should well train and experience a calm environment. The direct admissions process has been approved by the University of Management.